RECOMMENDED STEPS FOR RECORDING/COLLARING AN INDIE PROFILE IN THE APP.
REGISTERING AN INDIE
We recommend every Indie is captured in the system. This will help in area wise census.
1. Take pictures of the Indies you want to register in the App and store it in your phone gallery. (It is suggested you click the picture 4/5 meters away from the Indie
as cropping of the image will be easier).
2. Create the profile of the Indie on the App with at least one image for an Indie. You can add up to 3 images for each Indie.
LINKING NFC CHIP (INSIDE THE COLLAR) TO A PARTICULAR INDIE
If an Indie has to be collared with ‘INDIES’ collar, the NFC chip present in the collar has to be linked to the data in the system. This will help in identifying the Indie in case of Missing or Found or during a Rescue scenario.
1. Keep the NFC mode ON in the settings of your android phone.
2. Go to the edit mode of the Indie profile, click on ‘link NFC’ and take your Android phone close to the Indies label on the collar and scan. The App will display the NFC ID for that Indie. Click on Done. If the NFC ID is already present in the system, it will display the existing Indie linked to the Indie.
The collar is now ready for collaring on the Indie. It is recommended you may write the name of the Indie on the label with a pencil to avoid mixing the scanned collar with other collars at hand.
COLLARING THE INDIE
While collaring an Indie is not compulsory it is always recommended. A collared Indie conveys a comforting message to a stranger that it is being looked after by a Buddy.
1. Make sure you gently stretch the holes by inserting your finger and widening it a little. This will give a bit of elasticity to insert the rivets
2. The side of the collar with the grey reflective strip and the Indies label should be on the TOP.
3. The collar should fit snugly around the Indies neck keeping just one finger gap for comfort.
4. The wide hole end of the rivet should be inserted first into the hole (based on the size of the Indie) from the bottom band of the collar, it should then be passed through the top band.
5. When the rivet is clearly visible having passed through both holes, now insert the stick end of the rivet into the hole and press down with pliers. The click sound ensures that the rivet is locked.
(see video tutorials for demonstration)