This document is an electronic record in terms of Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules there under as applicable. This electronic record is generated by a computer/electronic system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
Sare Jahan Se Acha Socio-Eco-Pol Foundation Private Limited, a Section 25 Not for Profit company incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956, and having its registered office at E-102, Kalpataru Regency, Phase 2, Lane 10, Kalyani Nagar, Pune 411006, Maharashtra, India (hereinafter referred to as “SJSA”/ “We”/ “Us” / “Our”, which expression shall, unless it be repugnant to the context or meaning thereof, be deemed to mean and include its successors and permitted assigns) set forth Our current privacy practices with regard to the information We collect on the Indies Project website www.indies.net.in and on the mobile application of SJSA/Indies Project INDIES (collectively referred to as “Platform”).
- the term “User(s)” and wherever the context so requires “You”, “Your”, “Yourself” shall mean any natural or legal person who accesses or uses the Platform and, in the event, that a natural person is representing a business entity, reference to such terms shall include a reference to such business entity as well; and
- any information that uniquely identifies Our User such as Your name, gender, date of birth, address, contact number or email address, is referred to as “Personal Information or My Profile”.
We lay great emphasis on Our privacy and security standards to guard against identity theft and provide security for Your personal information. We regularly re-evaluate Our privacy and security policies and adapt them as necessary to respond to new challenges.
- Data We Collect
Each time you visit the Platform, We automatically track and collect technical and navigational information, which are saved in server logs. These are encrypted statistics, which help Us in improving the efficiency of the Platform by giving Us information relating to Your use of the Platform. Such information may include details of:
- the server (Internet Protocol) from where the Platform is being accessed;
- the browser and operating system used to browse the Platform;
- pages visited;
- details of Your last visit to the Platform, including time, date and the duration of Your session on the Platform; etc.
- any other information associated with the interaction of your browser and the Platform
(collectively “Traffic Data”).
- Information We Collect
In order for You to access certain areas or features of the Platform, We may require You to provide Us with Your Personal Information.
SJSA collects Your Personal Information when You successfully submit information while creating Your User Account or while confirming Your Donation or sponsorship on the Platform (“User Information”). User Information is the data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a person and/or the business entity that a person represents and shall include, but not be limited to, information regarding Your Personal Information, information associated to Your social networking platform and such other information for the purposes of identification and verification.
- Use of collected information
User Information provided by You is used by Us only to provide information that You request. We do not and will not sell or rent User Information to anyone, anytime for any reason. Our use of User Information includes the following:
- verifying Your identity;
- facilitating Your use of the Platform;
- facilitating successful donation / contribution from the Platform;
- responding to Your queries or complaints or to fulfil Your requests for information about the services and solutions that We offer and the process relating to the same;
- providing You with information about SJSA and to deliver to You any administrative notices, notifications regarding your disbursements, donations / contributions and other materials, project updates, service provider updates;
- sending You surveys and marketing communications that SJSA believes may be of interest to You;
- helping You address trouble-shooting problems, detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity;
- conducting internal reviews and data analysis for the Platform (e.g., to determine the number of visitors to specific pages on the Site);
- sharing such information with third party contractors that provide services as part of the supportive ecosystem to SJSA, Volunteers and Ward-Heads and are bound by the same privacy restrictions;
- improving the Content on the Platform;
- protecting the integrity of the Platform;
- responding to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in relation to an investigation on matters concerning public safety, as permitted by law; and
- Sharing of information
User Information may be shared with such third parties as are required for: (a) the purposes of providing You with the services on the Platform, and may be subject to the practices of such third parties; or (b) facilitating the making of donation / contribution to SJSA on the Platform by You; or (c) to grow Our activities which may include activities of our affiliates, strategic partners, investors, suppliers, and service providers, as the case maybe. The User Information may be saved in servers, at Our sole discretion.
We may also use third party vendors or service providers to help Us provide the Service to You, such as sending e-mail messages on Our behalf or hosting and operating a particular feature or functionality of the Service. Our contracts with these third parties outline the appropriate use and handling of Your information and prohibit them from using any of Your Personal Information for purposes unrelated to the product or service they provide. We require such third parties to maintain the confidentiality of the information We provide to them.
Except as provided in paragraph above, We shall disclose the User Information only in circumstances where:
- The User has provided instructions or consent towards such disclosure;
- If We sell or transfer any of Our business or assets, certain User Information may be a part of that sale or transfer.
- Interactive and Installed Tools
We also collect other information, some of which may be Personal Information that You voluntarily provide to Us when You choose to use some of the Platform’s interactive tools and services (“Interactive Tools”). We also collect information You provide voluntarily in free-form text boxes on the Platform and through responses to surveys, questionnaires and the like. Some of the free Interactive Tools on the Platform ask You for Personal Information. You may elect to use certain Services available through the Website that require you to download and install software on your computer or mobile devices (“Installed Tools”). The Installed Tools may collect and transmit information from your computer system or mobile devices solely relating to use of the Installed Tools and for the purpose of providing you the relevant Services, for example, by informing SJSA when a user is logged on and available to receive update or alert notices.
Like most other sites, We use data collection devices known as “cookies” to collect and store information of Users visiting the Platform. A cookie is an alpha-numeric identifier, which is small amount of data that is sent to a User’s browser from a web server and is eventually stored on a User’s computer / hard drive. Cookies are a reliable mechanism to remember the activities of the User on the Site and help in improving Your experience on the Site.
SJSA may set and access cookies on Your computer or mobile device to track and store preferential information about You to customise Your experience on the Platform including storing Your password so you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit the Platform or to note Your user preferences, lists of pages visited and activities conducted while browsing the Platform. We, however, do not link the information stored in cookies directly to any of your Personal information you submit while on the Platform. At your option, expense and responsibility, you may block cookies or delete cookies from your hard drive. However, by disabling cookies, you may not have access to the entire set of features of the Platform.
We store all Traffic Data and review postings indefinitely, even after “deletion,” and may archive such information elsewhere. We store all Personal Information until you request that we modify or delete it.
- User Choice
You may choose not to provide us with any Personal Information. In such an event, you can still access and use general information about the Indies Project on the Platform; however, you will not be able to access and use those portions of the Platform that require your Personal Information.
- Public Information
Any information that you may reveal in a review posting or other online discussion or forum is intentionally open to the public and is not in any way private. You should think carefully before disclosing any personally identifiable information in any public forum. What you have written may be seen and/or collected by third parties and may be used by others in ways we are unable to control or predict.
- Security Precautions
The security of User Information, particularly Personal Information is important to us. To prevent any form of unlawful interception or misuse of User Information, We use reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the User Information collected. We use reasonable secure and technologically appropriate measures, in compliance with the Information Technology Act, 2000 and the rules related thereto to protect You against loss or misuse of Your User Information including internal reviews of data collection, storage and processing practices and other reasonable security measures which are equivalent to security measures that SJSA uses to protect its own confidential information. We have in place a secure server for all Your transactions on the Platform, which, if required to be accessed, are accessible only by the authorized personnel of SJSA. However, as You are aware, no internet platform is completely free of security risks and We do not make any representation in respect of the same.
We do not warrant that Our Platform or any electronic communication made by Us is free from virus or other harmful effects. In the event of any errors in transmission or due to an act of a third party, We shall have no liability. You explicitly agree that Your use of the Platform and/or services provided by Us is at Your own individual risk. You agree and confirm that Your User Information may be transferred, processed and stored. You hereby confirm that You have been made aware of the security measures undertaken by Us and You expressly consent to Us storing, handling, using Your User Information.
- Links to other third-party sites
- Lost or Stolen Information
You must promptly notify us if your Contact Data is lost, stolen, or used without permission. In such an event, we will remove that Contact Data from your account and update our records accordingly.